Holly, of My Married Life


Holly, of My Married Life. Hi everybody. Holly here, of the My Married Life blog. If you've read the blog, you already know a fair bit about me (not to mention my husband and coblogger, Jack). But here's a little more -- just in case you were saying to yourself, "Who the are these people anyway?"



How Long We've Been Together

Here's the lowdown. As of this month, Jack and I have been together for NINE YEARS! I know! I can barely believe it myself. But even though we've been together forever -- we're still newlyweds. Wha-wha-whuh? Jack and I dated for six years before getting engaged, walked down the aisle at year seven, and have now been in the married club for two.

What Do You, Like...Do?

I'm a full-time writer -- and Jack is a singer-songwriter by night and a set dresser for film and TV by day. About a year ago, we bought a kinda-scary-but-has-lots-of-potential old house in Upstate New York and have been working on it every chance we get. We split our time between there and the city where most of our gigs are.

Why I Picked Him

Jack is definitely, hands-down my favorite guy I've ever met. If I hadn't married him, there weren't even any distant runners up. He's just so clearly the one for me. He's hilarious, gorgeous, smart, hilarious, sexy, and knows how to fix stuff. I mean, what more could you want?

If I Could Have My Dream Life...

If we could have our dream lives...I think mine would look a lot like the one I have right now -- just with more money and security. I would definitely keep writing -- Jack would probably drop out of production work and do music full time. We'd probably have a wee one. Oh, there'd be lots and lots of travel... Hmmm...what else? Oh, our house would be done! Dare to dream, right?

Kids? Pets? Houseplants? Hobbies?

We want kids, but aren't quite a ready. A lot of the non-readiness is financial (we still can't afford health insurance) but part of it is us just wanting to enjoy these early years together -- just the two of us. We also happen to have a fat little mutt named Bernard -- who we dote on to such a degree that it probably disturbs friends and family. Bernard seems to be filling the baby void for now :) PS: I have never been able to keep a houseplant alive for more than seven days. And, yes, this includes cacti. I know. I know. ( thenest.com )





No comments:

Post a Comment